Junior Maintenance Engineer
Location: Central London
Pareto are currently looking for a Junior Maintenance Engineer to join us on a permanent basis.
We are looking for the most vibrant, exciting, enthusiastic candidate. We want team members to be outgoing, customer focused, always willing to help and always willing to own a problem to completion.
The person needs to be a team player, who will always go above and beyond to achieve.
They will always support the customer in every action.
- knowledge of engineering.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and building construction
- Must be familiar with the general risks and hazards associated with building work including asbestos.
- A fair understanding of legal compliance; as well as how to achieve and maintain it to a high standard
- Great communicator for both internal and external stakeholders
- Have a good eye for innovation and improvement of existing systems and processes
- Must have great knowledge of Microsoft Windows based systems
- Support the Engineering supervisor and be responsible for timely completion of all maintenance and reactive tasks associated with client assets. The first line of response for all associated M&E and Fabric issues.
- Carry out regular and periodic inspections as directed by the Engineering Supervisor, including all statutory, mandatory requirements and insurance inspections, to maintain the efficiency and safety of M&E installations including fire safety, firefighting equipment and security systems.
- Maintain records and computer-based record management systems to nationally agreed standards including statutory testing and inspection, technical records, files, diaries, drawings and reports.
- Carry out all necessary maintenance works on M&E services and installations including electrical systems, heating and hot water installations, and any other relevant systems etc.
- Ensure works are completed to standard and against budget and meet with key client requirements and satisfaction reporting back at regular intervals to the Engineering Supervisor
- Support the arrangements in place to enable subcontractors to undertake routine and emergency breakdown maintenance both in and out of hours.
- Assist the Engineering Supervisor in setting maintenance priorities, forward programmes and budgets.
- Where requested provide technical M&E advice and support to the client.
- Liaise with other professionals undertaking project work and contribute site and maintenance information where required.
- Liaise with and participate in site and property teams and provide technical input in other areas e.g. security, health and safety, risk assessments, utility infrastructures, counter disaster planning and other appropriate initiatives.
- Undertake other works of a similar nature as required and directed by the Engineering Supervisor and Workspace manager
- Be able to deputise for the Engineering Supervisor as required during periods of absence