Salary: Up to £40k
Pareto are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join us on a permanent basis.
We are looking for the most vibrant, exciting, enthusiastic candidate. We want team members to be outgoing, customer focused, always willing to help and always willing to own a problem to completion.
The person needs to be a team player, who will always go above and beyond to achieve.
They will always support the customer in every action.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Must be able to work unsupervised to a high quality.
- Able to design new systems and additions to existing installations.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and building construction
- Must be familiar with the general risks and hazards associated with building work including asbestos.
- Minimum of L8 Awareness formal training
- A great understanding of legal compliance; as well as how to achieve and maintain it to a high standard
- Great communicator for both internal and external stakeholders
- Have a good eye for innovation and improvement of existing systems and processes
- Must have great knowledge of Microsoft Windows based systems
- Overall responsibility for timely completion of all maintenance and reactive tasks associated with client assets. The first line of response for all associated M&E and Fabric issues.
- Carry out regular and periodic inspections (including all statutory, mandatory requirements and insurance inspections) to maintain the efficiency and safety of M&E installations including fire safety, firefighting equipment and security systems. Liaise with client staff over specific requirements.
- Maintain records and computer-based record management systems to nationally agreed standards including statutory testing and inspection, technical records, files, diaries, drawings and reports.
- Carry out all necessary maintenance works on M&E services and installations including electrical systems, heating and hot water installations, fire alarms and security systems, works machines, lifts and any other relevant systems etc.
- Ensure works are completed to standard and against budget and meet with key client requirements and satisfaction reporting back at regular intervals to the Pareto FM Account Manager and client elected liaison.
- Support the arrangements in place to enable subcontractors to undertake routine and emergency breakdown maintenance both in and out of hours.
- Assist the client in setting maintenance priorities, forward programmes and budgets.
- Assist with the preparation delegated planned maintenance projects. Prepare schedules and specifications and place orders. Audit, supervise/ check works on completion.
- Where requested provide technical M&E advice and support to the client.
- Liaise with other professionals undertaking project work and contribute site and maintenance information where required.
- Liaise with the client and other Pareto FM staff to develop and disseminate national best practice in M&E maintenance and procedures.
- Liaise with and participate in site and property teams and provide technical input in other areas e.g. security, health and safety, risk assessments, utility infrastructures, counter disaster planning and other appropriate initiatives.
- With the client, ensure the effective implementation of the Asset Management Plan, to inform the planning and management of works across the estate.
- Undertake other works of a similar nature as required and directed by the client and Pareto FM Account Manager.
- Be the go-to person for the client when an issue arises.