Site Manager - Whipsnade Zoo
Location: Dunstable, Whipsnade Zoo
Salary: Up to £45k
The purpose of this role is to organise and implement an effective maintenance regime across site, that supports ZSL’s business objectives.
Through professional experience, personal judgement and taking advice from others, develop and deliver an effective maintenance strategy across the site – including fabric, engineering services and other infrastructure.
Demonstrate through benchmarking and other measures, a value for money maintenance culture that is aligned with CZSL’s business objectives.
The aim is to move the delivery of maintenance from backlog to good and best industry practice. This will involve risk assessment, prioritisation and creativity in developing solutions that have greatest impact and solve issues in a holistic and sustainable way (as opposed to ‘fire-fighting’).
- IWFM or other Built Environment Accreditation
- NEBOSH qualification
- General Services knowledge
- Contractor Management
- Keeping of records, certification and other documentation
- People Management
- Understand relevant legislative requirements associated with the built environment
Health & Safety Experience:
- A thorough understanding of health and safety to ensure compliance across all activities carried out by the team
- Deliver Toolbox talks as appropriate
- Help the client with all audits and ensure paperwork is up to date
- Oversee site inductions for all contractors
- Approve all method statements and risk assessments of contractors Be the first point of approval for any dynamic risk assessments
- Oversee all planned PPM
- Oversee all re-active PPM with appropriate prioritisation
- Oversee smaller projects including liasing with sub-contractors as appropriate.
- Manage day to day labour requirements of the team
- In conjunction with the team and sub-contractors, oversee effective problem solving when an issue arises
- Ensure all assets on site are loaded on the PPM system and that the asset register is effectively maintained.
- Raise jobs on CAFM as required Place POs as required for sub-contractors in line with Company approval limits.
- Be the direct line manager for circa 7 staff
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal format to ensure that your team are clear about your expectations
- Manage all disciplinary, sickness and grievance in line with Pareto policy with support from your management.
- Conduct weekly team meetings as appropriate.
- Be the first line of client communication at Whipsnade
- Write email summary as required to line management and clients as issues are addressed Be comfortable at liaising with different decision makers at ZSL in addressing your tasks.