Role Type: Perm
Location: Primary - Hemel Hempstead. Secondary – Loughborough. May require travel to other UK sites from time to time.
Responsible for – Project Coordinator.
Salary: £47000 DOE
Bio: Our facility is a fast paced and consists of 30% office space and 70% manufacturing and runs a 24/7 operation. Whilst this post is primarily Mon-Fri there could be occasional evening or weekend working to meet with contractors or hold progress meetings during a project if required. Projects need to be planned meticulously around the business’s operations with several stakeholders being potentially impacted at one time.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Project Manager who ideally has experience in working within the construction, fitout or facilities management Sector.
Key Responsibilities Include
- In conjunction with Project Sponsors, formulate project objectives and briefs. Translate these into scopes of work and formulate appropriate procurement strategies to deliver best value for the Business.
- Determine key stakeholders and consult effectively to ensure user requirements are defined and reflected in emerging project briefs.
- Work with appointed professional advisors to ensure project briefs are effectively translated into designs and specifications.
- Provide and present reports at key project milestones to ensure project proposals are signed off by the business / key stakeholders.
- Derive (and maintain) cost estimates for projects and work with Finance partners and project sponsors to create (and maintain) business cases for business approval.
- Assume responsibility to deliver projects within approved budgets. Track and monitor project costs through their life cycle.
- Establish project plans and timelines taking into account operational constraints and key business milestones. Assume responsibility to ensure projects are successfully delivered within pre-determined deadlines.
- Prepare and present expenditure approval requests and seek business approval for capital projects in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Identify project risks and formulate relevant strategies to manage and mitigate these.
- Formulate and implement relevant strategies to ensure the quality standards are set and achieved.
- Ensure projects are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Ensure all relevant approvals are obtained for capital projects.
- Conduct project close out reviews and capture lessons learnt for continuous improvement.
- Support across the Group to improve business efficiencies and controls
- Act in a supervisory role within the team in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Extensive experience in Project management with Prince2 qualification or equivalent.
- Experience & knowledge of office moves / office fit out and staff relocations
- Experience of Project Management within the FM or construction sector (e.g, Electrical installation, BMS systems, Construction/Civils works)
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with local planning authorities.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Basic experience of CAD software – i.e AutoCAD/BricsCAD/Sketchup.
- Experience of working to ISO standards such as ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO27001 is seen as an advantage.
- Experience of BIM (Building Information Modelling ISO19650) is seen as an advantage.
- A relevant Qualification (e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH Health & Safety)
- A relevant professional qualification in MRICS or APM.