Salary: Up to £32,000
Pension: 3% contribution by company
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays
Start date: Immediately
The Facilities Assistant / Runner holds day to day operational responsibility for the delivery of facilities services across the client floors. Key focus for this role is to ensure that all services are delivered in a confident and efficient manner. The individual will ensure the client space operates as smoothly as possible, so the client’s employees are not distracted from their own work, by having to deal with premises and building related issues.
- Active management of communal storage areas, including all kitchenettes
- Set up and derig of event & meeting spaces at the request of the client FoH team, moving furniture and equipment
- Maintain stationary room consumables and placing restock orders
- General sweep & search of building to ensure everything in working order, no security issues e.t.c
- Running out for adhoc requests such as picking up extra food / stationary / sundries e.t.c
- Light housekeeping duties
- First aid and fire marshal duties- training provided.
- Willing to step up and fill any duties assigned by FoH manger to include reception cover or support on an ad hoc basis
- Operates in a pro-active manner that supports the FoH team to anticipate customer needs
- Provides clear and effective communication to Client & Account Manager
- Maintains and promotes strong customer relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure total alignment of the services provided.
- Escalate any issues inc H&S to the Client & Account Manager.
- Overseeing all maintenance issues, including reporting necessary repairs and replacements, organising and managing the relevant subcontractors to include booking in client diaries, escorting while on site and follow up on site visits, remedials and closeout.
- Daily floor checks and meeting room checks to include AV; any issues reported immediately to the Account Manager and logged on the reactive maintenance tracker
- Support catering appliance maintenance including changing c02 in coffee machines, organising repairs
- Liaise with and coordinate cleaners and housekeepers on site to maintain client requirements
- Coordinate waste management schedule
- Support client internal planting and flower maintenance contract
- Maintain client BMS, inc daily temperature checks
- Maintain maintenance and warranty records on behalf of the client
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Account Manager
Personality & Competency
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to deliver the core role effectively in a pressured environment with a hands-on attitude.
- Professional with a strong service driven mentality and a pragmatic approach.
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
- Understanding of facilities management services.
Experience & Qualifications
- 1 year’s minimum experience of direct customer service provision.
- Co-ordination of services provided by multi-service teams.