Salary: Up to £30k D0E
Role type: Full Time
Pareto are currently looking for an Emergency Lighting and Maintenance technician to join us on a permanent basis.
We are looking for the most vibrant, exciting, enthusiastic candidate. We want team members to be outgoing, customer focused, always willing to help and always willing to own a problem to completion.
The person needs to be a team player, who will always go above and beyond to achieve.
They will always support the customer in every action.
This role reports into the Account Manager based at the Nuneaton site.
- Overall responsibility for timely completion of the emergency lighting testing and maintenance at the large Nuneaton site (over 70 buildings).
- Responsible for conducting fire door inspection and advise remedial actions required.
- Conduct the emergency lighting, temperature checking and general maintenance at the Basildon site.
- Carry out regular and periodic inspections.
- Maintain records and computer-based record management systems to nationally agreed standards including statutory testing and inspection, technical records, files, diaries, drawings and reports.
- Carry out all basic maintenance works on M&E services and installations including electrical systems, heating and hot water installations and be able to supervise works on fire alarms and security systems, works machines, lifts and any other relevant systems etc.
- Ensure works are completed to standard and against budget and meet with key client requirements and satisfaction reporting back at regular intervals to the Pareto FM Account Manager and client elected liaison.
- Where requested provide technical M&E advice and support to the client.
- Liaise with other professionals undertaking project work and contribute site and maintenance information where required.
- Liaise with the client and other Pareto FM staff to develop and disseminate national best practice in M&E maintenance and procedures.
- Undertake other works of a similar nature as required and directed by the client and Pareto FM Account Manager.
- Be the go-to person for the client when an issue arises.
Essential Key Skills:
- Knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Full clean UK driving license
- Must be able to work unsupervised to a high quality.
- Fire door inspection qualified
- Electrically biased but with a good knowledge of mechanical and building services
- Must be familiar with the general risks and hazards associated with building work including asbestos.
- Minimum of L8 Awareness formal training
- A great understanding of legal compliance; as well as how to achieve and maintain it to a high standard
- Great communicator for both internal and external stakeholders
- Have a good eye for innovation and improvement of existing systems and processes
- Must have great knowledge of Microsoft Windows based systems.
Preferable Key Skills:
- PA testing qualified
- Ladder safety and inspection qualified
- General handyman experience
- Legionella awareness
- Counterbalance forklift truck license